Help support stressed hives In zones 1-8
Pollinators are declining at an alarming rate. It's time to do something about it and here's your chance. We've formulated this mix specifically for attracting Honeybees and other pollinators to the garden. This blend of 19 different wildflowers is sure to attract the pollinators. This mix includes annuals for quick color and feeding and perennials to ensured that flowers will bloom for years to come.
Wildflowers include: Chrysanthemum maximum (Shasta Daisy), Coreopsis lanceolata (Lance Leaf Coreopsis), Coreopsis tinctoria (Plains Coreopsis), Cosmos bipinnatus (Wild Cosmos), Cosmos sulphureus (Sulphur Cosmos), Echinacea purpurea (Coneflower), Helianthus annuus (Wild Annual Sunflower), Helianthus annuus (Dwarf Sunspot), Lobularia maritima (Sweet Alyssum), Nemophila menziesii (Baby Eyes), Phacelia tanacetifolia (Lacy Phacelia), Ratibida columnaris (Prairie Coneflower), Ratibida columnaris (Mexican Hat), Rudbeckia hirta (Black-Eyed Susan), Tagetes erecta (African Marigold), Trifolium fragiferum (Strawberry Clover), Trifolium incarnatum (Crimson Clover), Trifolium repens (Dutch Clover), and Zinnia elegans (Zinnia).
Includes over 100 seeds in a 2oz tin
SAVE THE BEES Honeybee Garden Seed Mix
Step-by-Step Wildflower Seed Planting Instructions
- Check for your last frost date and plant after this has passed. Choose a spot on your property that gets 6 or more hours of direct sun a day unless you are planting seeds for shade.
- Prepare your soil by clearing the area of all existing growth. Turn the soil and rake the area flat.
- Mix the seeds with sand* for better visibility and scatter the seeds directly on top of the soil. If you are sowing a larger area, we recommend using a seed spreader; if not, you can sow by hand.
- We recommend lightly compressing the seeds into the soil, making sure not to bury them.
- Water so that the soil is moist, not soaking wet, until the seedlings are about 4-6" tall. After that, the seedlings will survive on natural rains. If you are experiencing very dry weather, we recommend watering occasionally.